Abandoned basket recovery sends players a follow up email or an in game message if they have added items to their basket but not yet completed the checkout. This is a great way to entice users back into purchasing their packages and is proven to increase sales dramatically across all our Enterprise customers worldwide.
How To Setup
- Go to Engagement > Abandoned Basket Recovery.
- Enable the feature by clicking the checkbox at the top of the form.
- Enter the following options to configure basket recovery to your liking:
- Email Delay - The amount of minutes to wait before sending an email to the player. We recommend a few hours.
- Recovery Discount - Enter the percentage discount the customer should receive to entice them back to completing their purchase.
- Categories - Select a list of categories which the recovery discount should apply to. Leave this blank if you want the discount to apply to all categories on your webstore.
- In Game Messages - If this feature is enabled you can also configure messages to be sent to the player in game to ensure they definitely are notified about their offered discount.
- You can preview what the messages will look like to the player by clicking the Preview button next to the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Customise The Emails Sent To Your Players
As with all other aspects of the Tebex Store we allow you to customise the design of the emails which the players will receive to their inbox.
- Go to Webstore > Design > Templates.
- Edit your custom template (Or create one if you haven't already).
- Once you have opened the template editor, go to the email/abandonedcart.html file and you have full HTML access to modify the email to your liking.
You can see how well your abandoned basket recovery is performing by viewing the detailed statistics in your control panel. You can view your statistics by going to Statistics > Abandoned Baskets.
Earning additional revenue because of this feature? Let us know! We love to see the success stores from all our customers.