Gift Cards allow you to sell unique codes on your webstore which contain a balance of real currency. Players purchase Gift Cards from your webstore and then receive an email containing a code which they can then use themselves or pass onto friends or family as a gift. It's just the same as walking into your local retail store and purchasing a top up card for Apple, but it's online and and for your game server.
Selling Gift Cards via Packages
- Go to Webstore > Content > Packages and create a package as you normally would do.
- Enter the following options to automatically send the player a Gift Card once they purchase the package:
- Create Gift Card Upon Purchase - Enter the value of the Gift Card you'd like the customer to receive.
- You would normally enter the price of the package as the amount the Gift Card should be valued at.
- You can also set the packages to execute commands, they're no different than any other package you would normally create.
Creating a Gift Card Manually
- Go to Engagement > Gift Cards.
- Click Create Gift Card and enter the following options:
- Card Value - This is the amount of value this Gift Card will contain.
- Note - This is an internal note which is only viewable by your team.
- Expiry Date - This is when the Gift Card will expire, by default it will never expire.
How players redeem Gift Cards
Once a player receives their email containing their unique code they can use that code during the checkout process for future purchases. They just need to enter the code into the same box as coupon codes and then click redeem. If the Gift Card balance is lower than the total basket value they can pay the rest using a payment gateway.
Gift Card Module
You can create a Gift Card Module to appear on the right hand side of your webstore. The module allows your players to check their Gift Card balance.