Coupon codes allow you to generate codes which you can give to your players. You can for example create a coupon code which gives a player a 50% discount to a certain package. Coupons are great to use in marketing material and are a proven way to increase revenue on your webstore when used properly.
How To Create A Coupon Code
- Go to Engagement > Coupons.
- Click Create Your First Coupon Code.
- Enter the following options:
- Code - This is the code your players will enter when redeeming the code on the checkout page. You can click the Generate Code button on the right to generate a random string for you or you can type your own code such as 50OFF.
- Effective On - This is what categories/packages the coupon will be effective on. Each option will allow you to select a list of packages or categories. You can also select the coupon to discount everything on your webstore if you prefer.
- Discount Type - You can either make this coupon discount a fixed amount (e.g. 5 dollars) or a percentage such as 50%.
- Start Date - This is the date this coupon will become active from.
- Allow On Basket Type - This is what type of basket (Either a one-off or subscription purchase) the coupon will be allowed on.
- Redeem Limit - This is the amount of times a coupon can be redeemed before it is no longer usable (This is the limit across all players).
- Expiry Date - This is the date which the coupon will no longer be allowed to be redeemed by players.
- Minimum Basket Value - This is the minimum value a basket can have before the coupon can be redeemed against it.
- Redeem Limit Per Customer/IP - This is the amount of times a specific player/IP address can redeem a coupon.
- Coupon Application Rule - This is how you want the discount to be calculated against other discounts such as sales.
- Username - Enter a username if you only want a specific player to be able to redeem this coupon.
- Note - An optional internal note (Only shown to you or your staff members) on why this coupon was created.
Once you have entered the above information, click create, and your coupon will now be ready to use and hand out to your players.